Each 100 g contains:
Tylvalosin (Acetyl-Isovaleryl) as tartrate …....................… 5 g
Excipients q.s. ad ……….....................................….…. 100 g
Treatment and prevention of respiratory, enteric and other diseases, mainly caused by microorganisms sensitive to tylvalosin.
Poultry,Chickens and turkeys
- Micoplasmosis: Mycoplasma gallisepticum, Mycoplasma synoviae and Mycoplasma meleagridis. Chronic Respiratory Disease (CRD) caused by M. gallisepticum.
- Necrotic enteritis associated to Clostridium perfringens, bacterial enteritis.
- ORT (Ornithobacterium rhinotracheale).
- Micoplasmosis, Mycoplasmal pneumonia (enzootic) caused by M. hyopneumoniae.
- Porcine Proliferative Enteropathy (PPE), swine ileitis caused by Lawsonia intracellularis.
- Swine dysentery caused by Brachyspira hyodysenteriae. Swine colitis caused by Brachyspira pilosicoli.
Dosage and administration
Tylvalosin 5% has to be administered orally mixed in feed at the following concentrations:
Target species Amount of active per ton of feed Amount of product per ton of feed
Pigs and Poultry - Prevention 50 g (50 ppm) 1 kg
Pigs and Poultry - Treatment 50-100 g (50-100 ppm) 1-2 kg
Synergy of tylvalosin and tetracyclines has been shown and programmes in the field combining tetracyclines and tylvalosin at lower doses have proven effective.
For prevention, feed medicated feeding stuff at 50ppm for 21 days or until the end of the risk period.
For treatment, feed medicated feeding stuff at 100ppm for 10 days. Repeat as necessary.
For pigs with reduced or restricted food intake, inclusion levels may need to be increased to achieve target dosage.
For use in a control programme, feed medicated feeding stuff at 50-100ppm for the first 7 days of life, followed by Tylvalosin 5% at these levels for a further 5-7 days during periods of stress (e.g. vaccination).
* Piglets: 20 ppm up to 25 kg. Sows: 50 ppm during 10 days before delivery. Sucking pigs over 25 kg: 50 ppm the first week and then 20 ppm during 8 weeks.
** 50 ppm when the risk is high or under conditions of stress.
Pigs: 2 days.
Poultry - Chickens and turkeys: 3 days.
Do not administer to birds laying eggs for human consumption.
Store under dry conditions below 25ºC.
Expiry date is 2 (two) years after date of manufacture.
25 kg bags: Inner lining is made of polyethylene; outer layer is made of 3-ply paper.